Monday, June 2, 2014

Challenges of Painting on Location

This painting in my sketchbook was painted on Oct. 8, 2011 at Blackberry Crossing in the White Mt. Forest in NH. This is accessed by traveling along The Kancamagus Hwy. Beautiful! 

But, when I look at this painting or sketch as I call it, I recall how difficult it was to find a place to set up and capture it. With Marty's help, I was able to carefully balance a small folding chair on the rocks...one of those beach chairs that sit close to the ground. I was surrounded by rock...sharp ones and a whole lot of weeds...maybe even snakes...but I chose not to think that was possible. I was determined to paint there! I was the adventurer that day. 

After helping me set up, Marty returned to our rental car to listen to the Saints game on the car radio while I painted! At that time, he was still a neophyte to the art world.  I wonder after almost 4 years of painting with me, he would be strongly tempted to choose my course of action over his at that time...Probably not! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment