Thursday, May 18, 2017

"Study of Jazz Musician Stormy" 2017

In January of 2017, I had a great gift of being able to take a 3 day workshop with master portrait artist, Mary Whyte, in NOLA. We had a family of three musicians. Each day she would do a demo of one of them and then we were given 2 hours to paint our own study of one chosen for us. This is the better of my three sketches. It was very challenging but I learned a great deal.

In April, my husband Marty and I traveled to Hendersonville, NC, to participate for our second year in a row at the Kanuga Watermedia Workshop. I took from master figure watercolor instructor Don Andrews. We had a live model for 5 days to work from. It was very challenging; and, again, I learned a great deal.

Marty took from Sandy Maudlin. He learned so much about painting on Yupo paper. When he is ready for me to post photos of his paintings in my blog, I will gladly do that. You will be amazed at how accomplished a painter he is! He has been painting seriously on Yupo with acrylic and watercolor for only a few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment